So I have always loved this song. I really like the cover by Daughtry. Actually there are a lot of Elton John songs I like but I like the covers. But this song is special to me. I was sent off to war with this song. It reminds me of home, and it reminds me of me.
"She packed my bags last night pre-flight
Zero hour nine a.m.
And i'm gonna be high as a kite by then
I miss the earth so much i miss my wife
It's lonely out in space
On such a timeless flight"
I had someone help me pack my bags. Not a wife, but my best friend. It is lonely out in space, maybe not outer space. But the space of our lives, you really are all on your own. You could be surronded by millions of people and still be alone.
"And i think it's gonna be a long long time
Till touch down brings me round again to find
I'm not the man they think i am at home
Oh no no no i'm a rocket man
Rocket man burning out his fuse up here alone"
I really don't think I am the man that many people think I am. I am strong on the outside, but not all the way through. Always battling with self doubt and feelings of worthlessness. I get through it, put on a confident outter shell and move on. But I think I am at an age, not a child anymore. A responsible adult, but yet not seen as that through the eyes of my peers. My words mean very little in most context to most people.
"Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids
In fact it's cold as hell
And there's no one there to raise them if you did
And all this science i don't understand
It's just my job five days a week
A rocket man, a rocket man"
I don't know about kids, but I can tell you just living out in the world is cold. There isn't much that makes you feel warm anymore. And unless you have some people that are really close (and sometimes even with them) it seems that there is no one really out there. I take my job seriously, and I want to do my best. But I don't understand where most of the people I work with come from or why they are there. They are not there for the same reasons I am there. I am not sure where many of my friends are coming from because I am in a different place.
"And i think it's gonna be a long long time..."
No matter what happens, I think everything is going to take a long long time. Maybe not long in time context but a lot longer than we wish it would take. And other things we know will take a long long time, and may actually never happen.
We do live in a very cold, desolate, isolated place called life. Its a good think I like the cold, but some times I wish I could just go back home..... where ever that is.
No comments:
Post a Comment