I think more so than women, men are targeted by peer presure. To fit in. It is really sad but we need to be this macho, no feelings, manisfestation. Tons of sexual conquests, and no care in the world, which really is nothing of what I really am. Have I had sexual conquests? Yes, many. How many of them matter.... less than 5%. How much of that 5% do I still have contact with, about 2%. Which really sucks. Men value strength and this ability to control and have power. But real power is doing whats right. Real strength is the ability to look at all your peers and say, I believe that this is what is right, and I don't care what you think, I am doing this. You will be shunned, you will be made fun of, and looked down on. But those who look down on you, those who look at all those "Tests" of what a real man is, they are truly the most insecure out there.
Strength is being able to admit you were wrong, and that you want to make it right. The very fact that you can admit you have made mistakes sets you far above others. I know I have made many mistakes, and some of those mistakes have turned into regret. I am not sure if I will ever be able to make those wrongs right, and that I will always regret. Sometimes it is not up to you to redeem yourself.
But have the strength to do whats right, and to keep trying to make what is wrong right. No matter what others think. It will not be an easy road, but those rewards, well they just might be worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment